What kind of education is needed for democracy? How can education respond to the challenges that current democracies face? This unprecedented Handbook offers a comprehensive overview of the most important ideas, issues, and thinkers within democratic education. Its thirty chapters are written by leading experts in the field in an accessible format. Its breadth of purpose and depth of analysis will appeal to both researchers and practitioners in education and politics. The Handbook addresses not only the historical roots and philosophical foundations of democratic education, but also engages with contemporary political issues and key challenges to the project of democratic education.
- The Cambridge Handbook of Democratic Education
- Symposium in Journal of Global Ethics: Peter Hägel's Billionaires in World Politics (OUP, 2020)
- New Article: Global Educational Justice
- New Article: Four Challenges to Political Autonomy Education in Contemporary Public Spheres
- New Edited Book: "Liberal Democratic Education: A Paradigm in Crisis"
- Democratic Theory Lecture Series Event Recaps
- New Article: Democratic Education and the Crisis of Representative Democracy
- New Edited Book: Education and Migration
- Reply to Harvey Siegel Published in Theory and Research in Education
- Symposium in Ethics & Global Politics on Democratic Education in a Globalized World
- All news